Meeting in numbers
More than 1000 international meetings
• More than 50 IRU Liaison Committee meetings in Brussels. The IRU is the body which brings together national associations to deal with European legislative initiatives affecting the European Union’s road and intermodal transport sector and current national transport-related legislation.
• More than 10 CTM (Goods Transport Council) meetings in Geneva. The CTM is the governing body which deals with worldwide transport legislation initiatives, and meetings included guest speakers from international institutions: WTO, IMF, UN, EIB, WCO, etc.
• More than 10 General Assemblies in Geneva and 1 in Istanbul: defending the interests of the sector at an international level (IRU).
• Annual attendance at the meeting of the Commission on Customs Affairs, dealing with subjects such as TIR, TIR-EPD, etc.
• Attendance at meetings of the IRU Commission on Services.
• More than 50 meetings of the IRU Commission on Social Affairs in Brussels. This agency analyses all proposals affecting the social and training aspects of road and intermodal transport.
• More than 50 meetings of the Sectoral Social Dialogue Committee and its working groups. This body, composed of European union and employer representatives and coordinated by the European Commission, reviews the regulatory aspects on which social stakeholders are called upon to pronounce.
• More than 100 meetings of the European Parliament Committee on Transport and Tourism.
• More than 200 Interviews with MEPs and representatives of the European Commission, the Council of the European Union, the Economic and Social Committee, etc. from 1997 until the present.
• Attendance at more than 100 High-level Hearings and Groups organised by the European Commission and the European Parliament on digital tachographs; heavy vehicles and CO2 emissions; Eurovignette; the internal transport market; the impact of the recession on the road transport sector, etc.
• More than 50 Meetings of the Permanent Transport Delegates from National Associations in Brussels.
• More than 10 meetings of the IRU Group of Experts on Combined Transport (GETC).
• More than 60 meetings of the National Road Transport Committee.
• More than 30 meetings of the National Road Transport Council.
• More than 15 meetings of the Intermodality Commission.
• 5 meetings with the Commission of State and Autonomous Region Director-Generals of Transport.
More than 20 meetings with General Secretaries of the CEOE (Spanish Confederation of Employers’ Associations).
• More than 10 presentations to the CEOE Council and Commission on Transport and Logistics. Attendance at General Meetings and national and international fora of the CEOE.
• Eurovignette: cooperation with the Civil Engineers’ Association. 31-03-2011
• Workshop organised by Expansión: “Pricing of Infrastructures and Payment for Road Use”. 27-04-2011
• Speaker: International Seminar on “Image and Employment in Road Transport” organised in Brussels by the IRU. 27 January 2010.
• Speaker: Driver Competences. Conference organised by the IRU Academy. 28 January 2010.
• 4th International Meeting of the IRU Academy Accredited Training Institutes Commission.
• Euro-Asian Conference: The reopening of the Silk Road: Vision and Reality. Almaty. Kazakhstan. 11-12 June 2009.
• Forum on Transportation Security. UN-Economic Commission. January 2010.
• International sectoral conference: European Union Presidency and IRU “Road Transport”. (1-12-2010).
• Attendance at more than 10 Ibero-American Transport Meetings in Lisbon, Santiago de Chile, Buenos Aires, Joao Pessoa, Malaga, Tarragona, etc.
• Attendance at more than 100 assemblies and events convened by the national and international transport and logistics bodies ANTRAM, FNTR, AFTRI, AMTRI, UNTRR, FVET, GUITRANS, CETM, UNO, etc.
• 5 UOTC Ordinary General Meetings and more than a dozen Extraordinary Assemblies and Meetings.
• More than 100 Administrative meetings of the Transport Operators Union (UOTC) and the Centre for Promotion of Carriage of Goods by Rail (CPTMF).
• Organisation of two Ibero-American Conferences in Spain: Vendrell (Tarragona) 2011 and Malaga 2009.
• Organisation of IRU Presidency Meetings in Madrid (23 to 25 June 2010).
• Organisation of the IRU Commission on Service conference in Figueres.