It is vital to know the regional organisations that enter into partnerships with international organisations to implement projects and strategies to drive transport and hence trade.
Such organisations include:
- OAS, the Organisation of American States, which works for the removal of administrative barriers in international transport.
- UN ESCAP, the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific. The last ESCAP Ministerial Conference on Transport recognised the promotion and facilitation of international transport as the best way to achieve economic growth and increased competitiveness.
- The creation of the IRU Regional Committee for Africa, which is composed of 22 African countries committed to promoting transport and integrating their trade into the global economy.
- The IRU's initiative to reopen the Silk Road as an alternative route for trade between Asia and Europe.
- The Ibero-American meetings held between representatives of Portugal, Spain and South American countries, with the aim of promoting international transport and trade between the Iberian Peninsula and Latin America, etc.